Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Popcorn ceiling, also known as cottage cheese ceiling, stipple ceiling, or acoustic ceiling, is a type of textured ceiling that was popular in the 1970s and 1980s.
Popcorn ceilings are made by spraying a polystyrene foam insulation onto the ceiling which then dries and forms small bumps. Those were once a popular design choice, but they’ve fallen out of favor in recent years. If you’re looking to update your home, removing popcorn ceilings is a great place to start. Conner’s Custom Coatings have the tools for popcorn ceiling removal and our expert team is here to help you!
Reasons to Consider a Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Popcorn ceiling removal is a necessary home improvement for many reasons. While it can be difficult to remove, there are several good reasons to do so, and below are the major ones:
- popcorn ceilings are difficult to clean and can absorb dust, pollen, and other allergens;
- popcorn ceilings can be a source of mold growth;
- popcorn ceilings can be difficult to repair if damaged;
- popcorn ceilings can contain asbestos fibers, which can be harmful if inhaled.
If you’re considering popcorn ceiling removal, it’s important to consult with a professional to understand the potential risks and benefits involved. Our experienced professionals can do the job correctly and safely.
Professional Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
Popcorn ceiling removal can be a messy and time-consuming process. It also requires special popcorn ceiling removal tools and knowledge to avoid damaging the ceiling. That’s why at Conner’s Custom Coatings, we take pride in performing all the necessary checks and preparations to ensure the ceiling’s safe removal for a clean result.
Here’s how the standard process of popcorn ceiling removal is done:
- Assessment – We begin with an in-home assessment to determine the best course of action for your popcorn ceiling. We take into account the size of the room, the type of popcorn ceiling, crown molding, lighting fixtures, and your budget to create a customized plan that fits your needs.
- Preparation – This involves covering the floor and furniture in the room with plastic sheeting or old newspapers. This will help to protect your surfaces from scratches and debris.
- Removal – We start by spraying the ceiling with a water-based solution to loosen the popcorn ceiling so that it easily scrapes away. Our team will scrape the paint carefully to avoid damaging the underlying drywall.
- Finishing – Once the popcorn is removed, we skim coat any damaged areas prior to sanding by filling in any cracks or holes and creating a smooth surface for painting. The ceiling is then coated in a protective finish.
Popcorn ceiling removal is a great way to update your home and make it feel more modern and elegant. Schedule your FREE, detailed estimate on the cost of popcorn ceiling removal project. You won’t be disappointed with the results! Call us today at (636) 888-0824 to get started with your popcorn ceiling removal project!
We’ve Painted Thousands of Homes Throughout the St. Louis Metro Area With Professionalism, Quality And Customer Service Always In Mind.
Our Monthly Special:
Baseboards Painted Free
Baseboards are included free when you purchase a residential interior wall paint job
Valid Until December 15, 2022
Please mention this offer at time of estimate.
Offer cannot be combined with other offers.